A message from Relias:
It is with sadness that we announce some changes to our business and the way your contract with Relias will be managed.
Firstly, we would like to thank you for the loyalty and commitment you have shown to Relias, particularly over the last two years while facing so many hardships and challenges.
Over the last five years our focus in the UK has been to understand the health and care markets and develop a strategy for future growth. However, due to the impact of the pandemic these markets have become highly competitive, with low-cost or free LMS and e-learning providers making it difficult to compete on price. We believe Relias leads on quality, but based on current budget restraints across all health and social care markets we must assume that these for-free and low-cost programs will grow further, not only within the healthcare sector but also in home and domiciliary care.
Relias wants to expand and grow but like any other company we need to carefully assess where best to focus continued investment. Therefore, Relias has decided not to further invest into the UK market at this time. Market conditions also impact our growth in other regions, and we have decided as a business to also pause activity in China and the Middle East and instead focus on our business in the US and Germany.
Being fully aware that we have a responsibility towards our UK clients we have prepared an exit scenario that comes with a thoughtful timeline and active support for you in order to enable a smooth transition.
What does this mean for me?
- Relias will no longer be renewing contracts or taking on new business in 2022.
- Clients with longer contracts will still have the option of seeing out the end of their contract up to 2026 or can opt for early contract termination with no penalty.
- Clients that are due for renewal will receive notice of our intent to end the contract, contracts will not auto-renew. If the timeframe does not allow for you to find an alternative vendor, we will be able to offer short term extensions for three to six months to allow you time to transition.
- If you have recently joined Relias and are in implementation or have recently completed implementation, you will still be able to use the platform and learning for the full length of your contract. This will still be supported by our team as it is currently.
- For the remaining time Relias is operating in the UK, through to 2026, courses will continue to be updated with guideline updates, and scheduled revisions will be completed. Courses already on the roadmap scheduled for release will still be made available.
- Local support will continue to be available from our UK employees until June. At the end of June support will be migrated to our US and German organisations. The support phone number and email address will stay the same and there will be no additional cost to access support.
- Clients will still be able to increase their user numbers as needed to support growth.
- We will be freezing purchase of additional products, including additional library packs and custom content.
- If you currently use E-Learning for Healthcare content via the Relias platform, this will continue to be available, and you may still request additional courses as per the current process.
- Your data will be stored on the platform as it is currently. Relias UK use Microsoft Azure, based in UK South.
- Should you wish to remove your data from the system, you can do this using our reporting tools, data export and bulk certificate printing. We will make sure guides are made available to those that need them.
We understand that this change may be cause for concern but I would like to reiterate that the platform will continue to be available and support accessible as it is now. Should you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]
Thank you for your support.